how to run acer b276hul in full resolution
My company just bought me a new ACER B276HUL monitor. It's really nice (excerpt for the builtin speakers - they stink). My windows co-workers can run their monitors at the full native resolution (2560x1440). To do this they have to use the display port. Turns out that HDMI and DVI both max out at 1920x1xx0. So - I went and bought a Altaz mini-displayport to displayport adaptor to use with my MBA 13" (Mid 2012). If I try to drive the monitor at full resolution, the only thing that happens is that I get 1/5 of the screen filled with what looks like out of sync video. If I drop it down to 2048x1152 resolution, then I can see everything (but it's scaled).
I thought that might have been an issue with the Altaz adaptor so I tried a QVS adaptor. I got the same result from that experiment.
Had anyone been able to use one of these monitors? The Preferences panel for this monitor doesn't let me change the refresh rate. Is there some other way to try to tweak that to see if I can get the OS to sync the full res video?
No result found
howapple - hello
Problem seems to be solved by the following:
1) Used third-party miniDisplayPort-to-DisplayPort cable; plugged DisplayPort end into monitor
2) Restarted MBA in "Safe" mode (hold Shift key upon MBA start up)
3) Go to Displays in System Preferences
4) Higher resolution 2560x1440 can now be enabled with normal, non-flickering or altered viewing
5) Restart MBA normally
6) Display retains 2560x1440 display settings
7) Note: Also works connected to Belkin Thunderbolt Hub as well as directly connected to MBA Thunderbolt port