How can i restore the ability of my apple watch to count steps?
My apple2 watch doesn't have a setting for counting steps. I just upgraded to the latest OS but the step counter is gone.
Apple Watch Series 2(Alum) 38mm (2nd Gen), iOS 10.1.1
No result found
howapple - hello
Once it has been set up, the Activity app tracks your steps automatically in the background, both during general daily wear and during workouts:
If steps are not being tracked, then it may help to check your settings:
- On your iPhone, in the Watch app, go to: My Watch (tab) > Privacy - turn on Fitness Tracking (and Heart Rate).
- On your iPhone, go to: Settings > Privacy > Motion & Fitness - check that both Fitness Tracking and Health are enabled.
It is not possible to change any of the Activity app goal rings to reflect steps taken or to show steps on the watch face via any other built-in complication.
The Activity app also does not include a daily steps goal or allow one to be set. Your daily steps total can be viewed:
- Via the Activity app on your watch:
- Open the app and scroll to the bottom of the screen.
- Via the Activity app on your iPhone:
- Select to view a day's results, then scroll to the bottom to see Steps and Distance.
- Via the Health app on your iPhone:
- Go to Health Data > Activity > Steps.
- Adding Steps to Favourites adds it to top section of the Today screen (accessed via the Today tab) and the Favourites section within the Activity category.
- Use the Health app on your iPhone or iPod touch - Apple Support
If you would prefer to set and monitor progress towards step goals and/or to keep track of your steps on the watch face, then you can use a third-party app and also add a complication to your watch face:
Apps that you may wish to consider include, for example:
- Pedometer++ on the App Store
- Integrates with the Health app and offers watch face complications: