Emergency SOS - cannot stop auto texts to emergency contacts
Hi, my daughter accidentally activated the Emergency SOS on my Apple Watch (gen 1), and we cleared with police however the texts are continuing to my 3 emergency contacts listed with my "location changed" and map of where I am. I've been on a 40 minute chat with Apple, and they have been unable to help me.
On Apple site:
"If your location changes, your contacts will get an update, and you'll get a notification about 10 minutes later. To stop the updates, select Stop Sharing in the notification. If you keep sharing, you'll get a reminder to stop every 4 hours for 24 hours."
So that sounds easy, however no one can find how to Stop Sharing (I see no notification anymore to do this from). We assume this needs to be done from the watch.
I feel like I'm crying wolf and don't want this annoyance to take away from if I actually had an emergency (in which case, this feature is amazing!).
Apple Watch, iOS 11.2.5, connected with iPhone X
howapple - hello
It may otherwise help to unpair and re-pair your Apple Watch, which has stopped further Emergency SOS notifications from being sent for some other users:
- The Watch app on your iPhone takes a backup of your watch automatically when unpairing via the app.
- Initially choose to Restore from Backup during set up (most data and settings will be restored, with some exceptions, such as Apple Pay cards, passcode).
- If the issue persists, consider instead unpairing and setting it up as a new watch.
- Unpair your Apple Watch and iPhone - Apple Support
- Set up your Apple Watch - Apple Support