MacBook Pro won't start. Question mark folder shown.
My MBP won't start after a full battery drain when playing music on iTunes. A blinking question mark folder appears.
- Running Mac OS Mavericks at time of failure.
- Currently Mac running OS Sierra from USB drive.
- Mac won't recognise HDD connected on SATA interface.
- Outside USB diagnostic says mentioned HDD works fine (Mac Original Seagate 500 GB).
- NVRAM and SMC have been already reset.
- Internal HDD feels spinning (HDD Cable seems fine).
- Other SATA interface (Optical Drive) working fine.
For any suggestions, thank you.
MacBook Pro (13-inch Early 2011), OS X Mavericks (10.9), Model: A1278
No result found
howapple - hello
I understand that your Mac is showing a flashing question mark when you attempt to start it, and I'm happy to help. You've done a great job with troubleshooting so far. Please follow the instructions in this support article, and let us know the results.
If a flashing question mark appears when you start your Mac