My Apple watch will not charge on the charger. I have cleaned the back of watch and the charger. Any ideas?
My apple watch will not charge on the charger. I have tried to clean the back of the watch and the charger plus used several outlets but to no avail. Any ideas?
No result found
howapple - hello
When charging your watch, check that:
- All plastic wrap has been removed from both ends and both sides of the charging cable (check closely on the head of the charger).
- The back of your watch and the head of the charging cable are clean and dry (clean them with a nonabrasive, lint-free cloth).
- The charging head is properly aligned with the back of the watch, with the concave / curved side touching it fully:
- Some watch docks, stands, cases or protectors might hinder this.
- You are using a genuine Apple Magnetic Charging Cable or an Apple certified magnetic charging module.
- If you are charging your watch by plugging into mains power:
- Check that the USB connector on the Apple Magnetic Charging Cable is pushed fully into the USB Power Adapter.
- Try using different adapters from the following:
- The genuine Apple USB Power Adapter that was supplied with the watch, or;
- A genuine Apple 5W (iPhone) or 12W (iPad) USB Power Adapter, or;
- An Apple-certified (MFi) third-party 5W USB power adapter.
- Try charging instead via a USB port (see next point).
- If charging via a USB port on a computer, ensure that you use a USB 2.0 or 3.0 port, the computer remains turned on and awake and the cable is plugged directly into the computer (not into, for example, an external keyboard).
- If your battery is very low, you may need to wait for a few minutes before the green lightning bolt appears (confirming that charging has started).
Once charging has started, you can tap on the screen at any time to check on progress (allow a few minutes initially, in case the watch is charging from a very low battery level). A green lightning bolt symbol indicates that your watch is charging. It is normal for the screen to sleep again whilst charging continues.