Keynote remote stopped working on my Apple Watch
As I was setting up for class this morning, I tried out the Keynote Remote app on my new Apple Watch. It worked and I was looking forward to using it. I had my iPad Air 2 connected to a projector and my iPhone 6S Plus set up as a remote. Well, when I tried using my Apple Watch as a remote the Keynote app would crash and stop instead of running as it did before. All apps are updated as are my other devices to the latest iOS.
Any idea as to why this is happening?
No result found
First try Apple's suggested steps, trying to open the Keynote app on your watch after each:
- Place your Apple Watch on its charger, connected to power - and also connect your iPhone to power.
- On your iPhone: open the Music app and start playing any song (through your iPhone speakers is fine).
- On your iPhone, in the Watch app, go to: My Watch (tab) > scroll down and tap on the Keynote app > turn off the setting for Show App on Apple Watch > pause for a few moments > turn it back on.
If that does not resolve the issue, next try unpairing and re-pairing your watch:
- The Watch app on your iPhone takes a backup of your watch automatically when unpairing via the app.
- Choose to Restore from Backup during set up. Most data and settings will be restored, with some exceptions (eg Apple Pay cards, passcode).
- Unpair your Apple Watch and iPhone - Apple Support
- Set up your Apple Watch - Apple Support